looking out of window

Turn every journey into a protected one

Choose the right coverage. Protect yourself, protect your passengers, protect your car. In most states, drivers are required to have minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage while comprehensive and collision are optional coverages. 

Loading Car
coverage bi

Bodily Injury (BI) steps in when the other driver, passengers or pedestrians are injured in an accident.

BI is one of two broad areas of coverage, along with property damage, that fall under personal liability. If you accidentally injure someone else, check your policy for the specifics of what’s covered. Bodily Injury coverage steps in to cover damages from rehab to funeral expenses. Required by most states, BI Coverage can include medical bills, prescriptions, lost wages, pain and suffering.

coverage pd

Property Damage (PD) covers property - but specifically, property that isn't yours.

Where you live dictates the minimum coverage required. If the accident impacted another vehicle, or you've driven into a street light, a building, or even someone's prized rose bushes (hey, it happens), this coverage will protect you.


Optional Coverages for protection of your car and property


Collision Coverage

Collision coverage kicks in (subject to deductible) when you are involved in an accident with either a stationary object or another vehicle. Collision Coverage may not be purchased without Comprehensive Coverage. This coverage protects your car only - and not the other party’s damage.


Comprehensive Coverage

Have damage to your vehicle that was caused by non-collision events that were outside of your control? Comprehensive Coverage is defined as optional coverage that protects against damage to your vehicle caused by non-collision events that are outside of your control. Comprehensive coverage cannot be purchased as the only coverage for one or more vehicles on a policy. All vehicles on the policy must contain bodily injury and property damage coverage.


Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage (UIMBI)

Just like you have to watch out for problems on the road, you have to watch out for drivers that don’t have enough insurance. If you’re in an accident in which the other driver is at-fault and underinsured, UIMBI coverage will pay for any necessary medical, rehabilitation, for you and/or your passengers. The chosen Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UIMBI) limit applies to all vehicles with liability coverage. UIMBI combined single limits are available only when Bodily Injury Liability combined single limits have been selected. This is optional coverage.


Uninsured Motorist Damage Coverage (UM)

If you're hit by an uninsured driver, this type of coverage will pay for the damage to your vehicle. It will protect against drivers without insurance, and/or drivers with insufficient policy limits to reimburse you for damages they caused. This coverage typically pays the difference between the amount recovered from the other driver and the amount of the damages, up to the limit of the policy.

motorist damage